Matthew Gonzales Bio

Hey guys. My name's Matthew and I'm from good ol' Topeka, Kansas. Last year I tried to venture off to western Kansas and went to Barton Community College in Great Bend where I was on a tennis scholarship, sang in the choir, studied journalism, and became the student body Vice-President. After spending just a year at Barton I decided it was time to come home, so I transferred to Washburn where I still am unfortunately "technically" a freshman. I'm 19 and study Mass Media with an emphasis in Film & Digital media, and am minoring in political science. I also sing in the choir here at Washburn and am part of the advanced group, the Washburn Singers. I'm hoping to only be here at Washburn for a year, and then I plan on transferring to The University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC).

I have worked at Sonic Drive-In for over a year and a half. I worked at the Sonic on 29th and Croco Rd. here in Topeka for six months last year before going off to Barton where I then worked at Sonic in Great Bend for eight months. When I returned to Topeka I also returned to my job at Sonic on 29th and Croco. I'm a crew leader there and am probably the fastest carhop in Topeka. (Yes, I skate)

I love politics and get scolded a lot because I am a Republican and I guess that's just hard for people to fathom. I'm a Royals fan, Chiefs fan, and love all things Jayhawks (Rock Chalk!) I have nine brothers and sisters and hold family very close to my heart.

Comments

  1. Hey Matthew! Your post is a lot more detailed than mine was, great job! I love that you play tennis, I played for the past 6 years and I'm in love with it. I competed in the State Tournament twice in high school, but I don't feel like I'm quite good enough to play in college. If you would ever like to hit though, I would love to! I don't know much about politics but I should get more involved. I'm excited to read your blog, maybe that will help me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Matthew, nice post, and I applaud you on the Sonic job. I know first hand roller-blading is not easy. Appreciate the speedy delivers because I'm sure you served me in the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Matthew! Good to meet you. I love singing as well!! Nice job on the acceptance to the more advanced singers group. :) I always have major respect for the carhops who wear skates. I would, without a doubt, injure myself. Mad props!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Place for All to Gather

Meet Michael Schurig

Homework options for Friday