PR Professional Organizations

Hi, all. As per the Google Doc spreadsheet instructions, here are two professional organizations that would be available to me as I work towards obtaining my degree in Mass Media with an emphasis in Public Relations and a minor in Political Science.

1) Public Relations Society of America

  • The PRSA is an organization consisting of public relations professionals. It is the largest community of these professionals to date. A subset of this organization, Public Relations Student Society of America, is geared toward college students like myself. They are organized into chapters. Washburn does not currently have a chapter, although I would absolutely love to start one. This organization aims to provide networking opportunities for students and enhance their education. 
2) Kansas Democratic Party
  • Communications and politics intertwine in very interesting and very important ways. As a political science minor and registered democrat, I am interested in interning for the KDP in the communications department. I love learning about how PR and politics collide. I believe that in the digital age, it is more important than ever for media and politics to work together as a well-oiled machine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Place for All to Gather

Meet Michael Schurig

Homework options for Friday