Training for Pole-Vaulting

By Kris Wood
Image by Kris Wood


Pole-vault is an extremely physically demanding sport. When I pole-vault I am always physically exhausted afterwards and it always reminds how much exercise is needed for the event. Not only do you need to have the right training to be successful in the event, it also keeps you safer. While I was in high school, I never had the proper training that is required. Because of this, I almost fully tore my hamstring while I was pole-vaulting. Luckily I didn't have any other injuries from when I did it, but it could have been prevented completely from proper training. When I came into college, I realized my training was not sufficient and we started to train property. I have not had any injuries since I have come to college because of proper training. If you do not know what proper training is, there are countless resources online that show what good training looks like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Place for All to Gather

Meet Michael Schurig

Homework options for Friday