Misrepresentations of Female Characters in Literature and Film
By Katie Hampton

As a little girl, I grew up absolutely obsessed with Disney princesses. I loved Aurora, Cinderella, and Snow White more than anything. Since then, I have realized some of the negative connotations that these movies have inflicted into my head in regards to how girls should act. I still think that princess movies are great, but I wish that I grew up with role models such as Moana and Elsa, who are true to themselves and can overcome any obstacle thrown at them.

I believe that while the media has taken giant leaps in the right direction when it comes to accurate female representation, they still have a long way to go. In this blog series I will be talking about the misrepresentation of one of my favorite literary characters, movie tropes that need to be put to rest, and female characters that have broken stereotypes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Place for All to Gather

Meet Michael Schurig

Homework options for Friday