By: Vencent Allen 

For people who don't deal with a form a disables may be able to think and act for themselves without having to have someone watch over you, to make sure what you are doing is safe for your on well being. The world tend to think people who are unable to walk and care for themselves are second class people and we should treat them with less respect which should never be the case. I have spent over 5 years working with kids with disabilities and it has opened up my eyes on how gifted every individual is outside of their medical reasoning. 
For the last year I have worked with a guy who's name is Jacob and he deals with challenges everyday of his life but never fails to make my day and others around him. Jacob wouldn't considered himself disable but when he goes out he tends to get treated a little different than you and I. Most of the time its not on purpose but you can tell it hurts him more than not his not able to help it. I can tell everyone tries to give him extra help but he wants to be treated the same way as I would without being seen as a guy in a wheelchair first. https://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=32276. If you are ever having a bad day, met someone who is disable and hear their story, I promise if its your first time meeting someone disable your point of view will be different. https://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=32276

Comments

  1. I love this! Thank you for having this compassion and sharing this story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a good heart, Vencent. Thank you for sharing a small piece about you and Jacob.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Place for All to Gather

Meet Michael Schurig

Homework options for Friday