So Much World. So Little Time.

By Hannah Willey

In 2019, my best friend and I traveled to Punta Cana for our senior trip. Punta Cana is on the eastern tip of the Dominican Republic and is known for its clear waters and beaches. Punta Cana is a prime destination for tourists. There are many activities near the water such as snorkeling, windsurfing, banana boat rides, and deep-sea fishing. 

While at a resort, my friend and I built relationships that we will never forget. Throughout the trip, we kept seeing the same worker over and over and decided to sit down and talk to him. We learned that this individual could speak four languages and was working to provide for his family and education. He inspired us to continue to improve our Spanish. Each day we would seek him and talk in Spanish. 

This trip was crucial in our ability to increase our cultural awareness. Cultural awareness helps us be a global citizen. Sometimes is it easy to have the mindset of “my way is the only way.” Exposing yourself to new cultures will change your mindset and appreciate another way of living. 

Comments

  1. Hopefully by taking Spanish I will be able to communicate to others of different cultures easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to travel like you! You stay gone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traveling is the best. It sounds like you guys had a really fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had some amazing experiences from traveling! I hope that I'll have the opportunity for it once everything in the world calms down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Place for All to Gather

Meet Michael Schurig

Homework options for Friday