What You Need To Know About Bayley Baker

My personal blog is all about self-love and how a little self-confidence can change your life, as well as how today's society influences self-love, my own experiences, interviews with others on their own self-love journey, and more! 

LINK TO PERSONAL BLOG: http://selflovehandbook.blogspot.com/

Hello! My name is Bayley Baker and I am originally from Clearwater, Kansas. A relatively small town just outside of Wichita, Clearwater could accurately be described as a black hole that sucks people into it and traps them there forever. People who live in Clearwater rarely leave. My presence here in Topeka today is nothing short of a miracle.

I am eighteen years old and a freshman at Washburn. My major is in Mass Media with an emphasis in Public Relations, while my minor is in Political Science. The role of White House Press Secretary would be my dream job. I love all things media (and most things politics). What I find most fascinating, however, is when the two combine - hence my major/minor combo. 

I am very passionate about social issues and consider myself a feminist. I am a strong supporter of the LGBTQ+ community and the Black Lives Matter movement. Politically, I consider myself a progressive and would describe myself as very liberal. I supported Bernie Sanders for president in the 2016 election.

I enjoy a healthy mix of alternative music, rap, and hip-hop. My favorite band of all time is The Killers. I also love Cage the Elephant, Arctic Monkeys, The Neighbourhood, Florence + The Machine, and Two Door Cinema Club. A few of my favorite rappers and hip-hop artists include Chance the Rapper, Kanye West, Drake, Childish Gambino, Frank Ocean, and Kendrick Lamar.

My favorite movie saga is Star Wars. I also enjoy Quentin Tarantino and Wes Anderson movies. 

I am an avid reader and enjoy both nonfiction memoirs and a good fiction novel. A handful of my favorite books would be Catcher in the Rye, Going Bovine, The Great Gatsby, Fahrenheit 451, and Yes Please (Amy Poehler). I find that there's nothing quite like reading a good book.

I have always been interested in blogging, and thus am excited for this class. I look forward to getting to know all of you - and having a lot of laughs along the way!



Comments

  1. Your first paragraph made me laugh. Welcome to class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am already a huge fan of your writing style. I can tell that you are an interesting person. Congratulations on escaping your hometown. Many people I know never have the drive and ambition to do so. Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Bayley. You have some really great interests. I really like Wes Anderson's movies too. Moonrise Kingdom is my favorite. It sounds like you're going to have a real good time in this class. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Place for All to Gather

Meet Michael Schurig

Homework options for Friday