Hey! I'm Jackson.

Update 9/7/16

My new personal blog, Hopeful Progress, is about the intersection between technology and our quality of life. It's about how tech is making the world a better place. I hope you'll come read a few posts and share a little of that optimism with me. :)

Here's a link: http://hopefulprogress.blogspot.com/

Can't wait to read some of your blogs too!

--

Hello, class!

My name's Jackson, and I know we have a couple of Jackson's in our class. I'm Jackson Hermann, or Jackson H.

Introductions are difficult. The cliche is always that we were told growing up it's not polite to talk about ourselves, but honestly that's not true, at least for me. It just feels weird talking about myself to a big group of strangers, and that never changes.


© Rockstar Games
The valiant hero of Red Dead Redemption

I guess I'll just go with my interests and hobbies. My biggest interests are technology, online video, and gaming, both video and board. (notice that sick oxford comma??) I'm especially interested in the way that technology and the internet are changing our culture, whether the way we communicate or the way we spend our time. I have a bunch of dumb gadgets and I try to keep up with all the tech news of the day/week/millennium. As far as video games, some of my favorites are Red Dead Redemption, BioShock, and Assassin's Creed 2. Actually, those are probably my top 3 of all time!

Other than that, I live with my dad and older sister, have lived in Topeka my whole life, and am psyched to have a great fall semester in MM199!

Game on, bootcamp!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Place for All to Gather

Meet Michael Schurig

Homework options for Friday